Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The information we collect
Your contact name and address, telephone number, email address and specific requirements will be retained by us when (and if) you submit them through the online form when registering with TDS and registering details of tenancies and deposits. This information is stored securely and is disposed of in a secure manner when no longer required. It is used for the purposes shown below.
The way we use information
- To contact you regarding your membership and the services we offer you;
- To provide relevant information to government and professional bodies to comply with statute or the rules of that organisation;
- To submit any details requested by anybody investigating a crime, or by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs;
- To any tenant where the details of the tenanted property and the persons forming the tenant have been registered with TDS;
- To any interested third party who has provided the whole or part of the deposit as a guarantor or in another capacity;
- Any landlord who wishes to verify that the deposit has been protected; or any legal adviser.
Our commitment to data security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information we have installed appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We are not liable if any information is obtained by any third party through illegal or fraudulent access to this website.