Operations Team Leader
|Accountable to:||Head of Customer Experience|
|Accountable for:||Customer Service Advisor x 6 (approx.)|
The Dispute Service safeguards tenants’ deposits throughout the United Kingdom, and offers a free dispute resolution mechanism in the event of dispute over its return. We are looking for a positive, flexible and hardworking person with exceptional customer skills to join our expanding team.
Providing a first-rate customer experience when customers contact us is all part of our mission to be the best tenancy deposit scheme, and your exceptional customer service skills will help us achieve this goal.
You will coordinate a team of Customer Service Advisors (CSAs), resolve customer questions or complaints and develop programs and procedures to enhance productivity and performance.
In addition to providing direct customer support, you will review and resolve escalations and provide training and build the knowledge of your team to reduce escalation volumes.
You will conduct quarterly performance reviews and note areas for improvement, using results from monthly productivity and quality assurance reviews. You will make recommendations to your manager and the HR department if a team member is consistently not meeting expectations.
A key duty is to improve overall department efficiency and quality by identifying opportunities to enhance processes and work closely with the other Team Leaders to share ideas and maintain consistency.
You will recruit and train new colleagues in your team and work with the other Team Leaders to maintain and develop training programs.
You will need to prove you have the ability to lead others and make sure they are as much committed to customer service as you are. You will need to show you are able to plan ahead for the rotas, breaks and lunches – collaborating with the other Team Leaders to ensure there is appropriate cover at all times - and demonstrate your dedication to making sure we are hitting our government KPIs.
As part of the Operations team, you’ll need to be outstanding on the phone and be able to quickly get to grips with the complexities of our business. You’ll be speaking to customers and recording the nature of their enquiry so we have useful insight in to why our customers are contacting us, and ensuring your team members are doing the same. If you have a background of working in housing, even better but as a minimum you must have a solid customer service and administration background and not be afraid of hard work!
Candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a demonstrable ability to be a competent computer user, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
No job description can cover every issue that might arise and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, broadly consistent with those listed below.
1. Delivering a first class service to agents, landlord and tenants
1.1. Answering calls, emails and live chats and taking ownership of customer queries through to resolution;
1.2. Monitor, respond and provide a first class service to all customer enquiries;
1.3. Communicate with all departments to ensure a joined up customer service experience;
1.4. Carry out other related tasks required across the department, as instructed.
2. Coordinate a team of Customer Service Advisors
2.1. Evaluate team members’ performance through quarterly performance reviews and monthly productivity and quality assurance reviews;
2.2. Deal with poor performance where a team member is consistently not meeting expectations;
2.3. Review and resolve escalations and first-tier complaints;
2.4. Assist in improving overall department efficiency;
2.5. Recruit and train new team members and ensure procedures are documented and regularly updated in line with product and company changes.
2.6. Coordinate rotas and holidays, collaborating with other Team Leaders to ensure cover at all times.
2.7. Ensure team members are answering calls as they arrive in a timely and correct manner and to monitor their wrap and pause times and ensure these are kept to a minimum, to ensure that we meet our KPI obligations at all times;
2.8. Managing the team and wider department stats and the team’s behaviours. Deal with and highlight to the management team any areas of concern in a timely manner;
2.9. Co-coordinating CSA offline tasks to make best use of downtime;
2.10.Ensure a daily record of work figures are provided to the managers as necessary.
1. Job knowledge
Must be able to demonstrate practical knowledge and experience of:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Conflict resolution
- Being a confident communicator
- Problem solving
- Administration skills
- Coordination of activities and/or people.
- Must be able to present basic information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing;
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, communicating effectively in order to advise and inform colleagues, customers and other stakeholders;
- Must be able to deliver 1-on-1 training and development.
3. Equal opportunities
Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities in relation to the work of The Dispute Service Ltd.
- Must be able to identify with the aims and objectives of The Dispute Service Ltd;
- A flexible attitude to work is essential;
- Competent at Excel, Word & PowerPoint – be able to take on additional system training and deliver this to team members;
- Must demonstrate common sense and good judgement;
- Must be able to handle different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload.
- Will be required to study for the Propertymark Technical Award in Deposit Management and successfully pass papers 1-4 within 6 months of being appointed.
5. Required behaviour and attitude
Applicants must be able to:
- demonstrate an affinity for excellent Customer Service;
- handle a range of different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload;
- demonstrate common sense and good judgement;
- have a flexible attitude to work;
- work unsupervised;
- identify with the aims and objectives of The Dispute Service;
- demonstrate behaviour types in accordance with The Dispute Service’s behaviour and attitude requirements (The 8 Cs):
- really care about our customers;
- are curious about the work we do;
- embrace change positively;
- always co-operate with colleagues;
- seek to cultivate success within you team;
- ensure you challenge the status quo;
- are committed to excellence in all that we do;
- help create a great place to work.
Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard
Hours of the role
The Operations Team will be operational from 8am to 6pm Monday – Friday, and you will be expected to work 37.5 hours on a rota.
What's on offer?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Attractive benefits including private health care, death in service, dental scheme, Simply Health cash plan, rental deposit scheme loan and bike to work scheme;
- Fantastic working environment
- Matched company pension scheme (up to 5%)