|Accountable to:||Company Accountant|
|Based in:||Hemel Hempstead|
This is a varied role and requires a positive, flexible and hardworking person who has good attention to detail.
No job description can cover every issue that might arise and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, broadly consistent with those listed below.
- Managing the bank details inbox and entering payments onto the database where the appropriate details have been received.
- Chasing payees who have not supplied their bank payment details
- Raising and recording payments to be claimed from TDS’s insurers
- Recording receipt of monies claimed from TDS’s insurers
- Reconciliation of the insurance debtor account
- Scanning paid purchase ledger invoices
- Cover for various different tasks/roles within the finance team such as:
- Bank reconciliations
- Purchase ledger
- Dispute payments
Must be able to demonstrate practical knowledge and experience of:
- Accounting packages preferably Sage
- Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Working in an accounts environment
- Must be able to present basic information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, communicating effectively in order to advise and inform colleagues.
- AAT level 3 or above and/or qualified by experience
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities in relation to the work of TDS Ltd.
- Must be able to identify with the aims and objectives of TDS Ltd.
- Must be able to handle a range of different tasks simultaneously and prioritise workload.
- Must demonstrate common sense and good judgement.
- Must be able to work unsupervised at times.
- A flexible attitude to work is essential.
- Must be willing to learn how to use Sage 200 proficiently if not already able to use.
- Must be willing to able to use Microsoft excel to a minimum of intermediate level.
Be able to demonstrate behavior types in accordance with The Dispute Service’s behavior and attitude requirements (The 8 C’s):
- really care about our customers;
- are curious about the work we do;
- embrace change positively;
- always co-operate with colleagues;
- seek to cultivate success within your team;
- ensure you challenge the status quo;
- are committed to excellence in all that we do;
- help create a great place to work.
Hours of Work
30 hours per week over 5 days
£17,160 per annum
All CV’s and cover letter setting out suitability for the role should be sent through to email@example.com