Customer Service Advisor
|Accountable to:||Head of Customer Experience|
|Salary:||£18,000 per annum|
We are The Dispute Service and we safeguard tenants’ deposits throughout the United Kingdom, and offer a free dispute resolution mechanism in the event of dispute over its return. We are looking for a positive, flexible and hardworking person with exceptional customer skills to join our expanding team.
Providing a first rate customer experience when customers contact us is all part of our mission to be the best tenancy deposit scheme in the business, and your exceptional customer service skills will help us achieve this goal.
As part of the Operations team, you will be the first point of contact for answering customer enquiries about the service we provide.
You’ll need to be outstanding on the phone and be able to quickly get to grips with the complexities of our business. You’ll be speaking to customers and recording the nature of their enquiry so we have useful insight in to why our customers are contacting us. If you have a background of working in housing, even better but as a minimum you must have a solid customer service and administration background and not be afraid of hard work!
Candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a demonstrable ability to be a competent computer user, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
No job description can cover every issue that might arise and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, broadly consistent with those listed below.
Delivering a first class service to agents, landlords and tenants:
- Provide a first class service to all customer enquiries;
- Answer telephone calls and respond to emails within agreed timescales;
- Maintain other contact channels as instructed by Head of Department;
- Keep records and notes to support the work of other TDS teams;
- Communicate with all departments to ensure joined up customer service;
- Carry out other related tasks required across the department, as instructed
1. Job Knowledge
Must be able to demonstrate practical knowledge and experience of:
a) Providing excellent customer service;
b) Being a confident communicator;
c) Dealing with professionals in different aspects of our business;
d) Administration skills.
a) Must be able to present basic information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
b) Must possess good interpersonal skills, communicating effectively in order to advise and inform colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
3. Equal Opportunities
a) Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities in relation to the work of The Dispute Service Ltd.
a) Must be able to identify with the aims and objectives of The Dispute Service Ltd.
b) A flexible attitude to work is essential.
c) Must demonstrate common sense and good judgement.
d) Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
e) Must be able to handle different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload.
f) Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard as a minimum.
5. Required behaviour and attitude
Applicants must be able to:
- demonstrate an affinity for excellent Customer Service;
- handle a range of different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload;
- demonstrate common sense and good judgement;
- have a flexible attitude to work;
- work unsupervised;
- identify with the aims and objectives of The Dispute Service;
- demonstrate behaviour types in accordance with The Dispute Service’s behaviour and attitude requirements (The 8 Cs):
- really care about our customers;
- are curious about the work we do;
- embrace change positively;
- always co-operate with colleagues;
- seek to cultivate success within your team;
- ensure you challenge the status quo;
- are committed to excellence in all that we do;
- help create a great place to work.
Hours of the role
The Operations Team is operational from 8am to 6pm Monday - Friday, and you will be expected to work 37.5 hours on a rota.
How to apply
If you think you are suitable for the role, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the role to:
Josanne Leon, Head of Human Resources