Business Analyst and Project Lead
|Accountable to:||Head of Business Support|
The Dispute Service Limited (TDS) is looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic Business Analyst/ Project Lead to work on our “Cloud” based applications. This is an opportunity to join an online digital company, based in Hemel Hempstead, that is a commercially focused not for profit organisation.
To act as business analyst and project lead for Information Systems improvements and projects which arise from business need. All projects must be delivered according to agreed deadlines and budget whilst following an agreed project management methodology.
The role includes gaining full understanding of the business requirements of each project, attending meetings with internal and external customers as appropriate and ensuring project delivery. This includes coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants as well as other employees and stakeholders and includes responsibility for all project documentation including technical specifications. The post holder must demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the technical environment in which TDS is operating.
No job description can cover every issue that might arise and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, broadly consistent with those listed below.
- Work with the Head of Business Support and Head of Technology Services to deliver business improvements and projects.
- Investigative work to determine business opportunities, identifying improvements in information systems and data management. You will use business experience and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
- Demonstrate full understanding of the business goals for the agreed projects and ensure delivery is aligned to the TDS IT Strategy, business plans and in accordance with best practice.
- Use a creative and innovative approach to problem solving whilst maximising the use of available systems and resources. Think laterally in order to optimise the future proofing of the solutions implemented. Take responsibility for system design, implementation, test and technical sign-off.
- Ensure all technical project documentation is completed as required before sign-off and is stored and managed appropriately.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals whilst working in full collaboration with staff and all stakeholders.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and delivery using appropriate tools, ensuring that projects are controlled and managed effectively.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, including identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, presentations, training, and facilitate workshops.
- To be professional and conduct yourself with integrity at all times.
- To prepare, or assist in the preparation, of change request documents in line with TDS’ ISO27000 procedures.
1. Candidates should be able to demonstrate directly relevant experience such as below:
- Solid experience as a Business Analyst and delivering projects (at least 2 years' experience)
- Strong background in customer experience/ customer journeys, etc. is required
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for solving interesting problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work successfully in a team
- Analytical mind with proven data collection and analysis skills
- High levels of rigour and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to translate objectives and outcomes into manageable steps/actions
- Ability to prioritise tasks and/or conflicting demands effectively and execute them in a high-pressure environment in which working on one’s own initiative is essential
- Ability to draft reports and compose effective business correspondence
- Knowledge of planning and/or project management processes, principles, and techniques
- Technical competence in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Professional demeanour and discretion
- Willing to be flexible, travel and work out of office hours where necessary
- Ability to promote an equitable, respectful and positive work environment
The following experience is desirable:
- A qualification or industry-standard accreditation in a structured project management methodology or technique.
- A qualification or industry-standard accreditation in Business Analysis.
- Understanding and experience of system development life cycles (Waterfall, Agile etc.)
- Understanding of, and preferably experience of an ecommerce environment which is process driven but has a large back-office environment
- Experience with case management/helpdesk software
- Some experience of SQL and/or PHP would be an advantage
- Educated to minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with strong proven academic performance;
2. Equal Opportunities
a) Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities in relation to the work of The Dispute Service Ltd.
3. Required behaviour and attitude
Applicants must be able to:
- demonstrate an affinity for excellent Customer Service;
- handle a range of different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload;
- demonstrate common sense and good judgement;
- have a flexible attitude to work;
- work unsupervised;
- identify with the aims and objectives of The Dispute Service;
- demonstrate behaviour types in accordance with The Dispute Service’s behaviour and attitude requirements (The 8 Cs):
- really care about our customers;
- are curious about the work we do;
- embrace change positively;
- always co-operate with colleagues;
- seek to cultivate success within you team;
- ensure you challenge the status quo;
- are committed to excellence in all that we do;
- help create a great place to work.
How to apply
If you think you are suitable for the role, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the role to:
Josanne Leon, Head of Human Resources