In-House Creative/Graphic Designer
|Accountable to:||Assistant Director of Business Development|
|Based in:||Hemel Hempstead|
We are The Dispute Service and we safeguard tenants’ deposits throughout the United Kingdom, and offer a free dispute resolution mechanism in the event of dispute over its return. We are looking for a positive, flexible and hardworking person with exceptional design skills and creative flair to join our expanding team.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a confident, creative Graphic Designer to work within our marketing team.
Your role is to design across a variety of media. It is vital that you keep up-to-date with current trends and design innovations in order that you bring fresh, forward-looking ideas to our brand and corporate identity through:
- Visuals for website and other online content
- Instructional videos/GIF content
- Exhibitions and displays
- Corporate communications such as newsletters, both printed and online
- Internal communications
Given that you will a key part of our creative team, you must be comfortable taking the initiative with design and innovation, being pro-active in your approach to the development of our brand.
As a small company, you may be asked to carry out ad hoc marketing activities to support the rest of the team. You may be invited to attend industry events to take photographs for use in your creative work.
Own The Dispute Service’s visual voice across all marketing channels
- Take graphic design products from creation to print across a variety of media
- Maintain the creative strategy and the effective development of visual brand identity
- Continuously deliver outstanding graphic design outcomes with novel ideas for imagery, layout and artwork
- Innovate and come up with ideas on how to optimise the marketing impact of the company
- Keep up-to-date with trends and innovations in technology
- Carry out other related tasks required across the department, as instructed, including providing feedback, comments and participating in relevant meetings as and when required
Qualifications and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a professional creative role
- Experience of direct marketing principles and design application
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- A portfolio demonstrating the above
- Knowledge of digital marketing, including SEO
- Basic knowledge of digital photography
Must be able to:
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and experience of design work across a variety of media;
- Have individual flair and deliver great ideas;
- Develop design briefs;
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and develop interactive design;
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Present finalised ideas and concepts to colleagues;
- Work with a range of media and keep up-to-date with emerging technologies;
- Proof read to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches and work on layouts ready for print;
- Keep a constant eye on the market to see competitor activity.
Must be able to:
- Work well with all colleagues to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the project;
- Estimate the time required to complete the work;
- Work as part of a team with printers, web developers and colleagues;
- Have good interpersonal skills, communicating effectively in order to advise and inform colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities in relation to the work of The Dispute Service Ltd.
Required behaviour and attitude
Applicants must be able to:
- Show exceptional attention to detail and be organised enough to juggle projects, meet deadlines and work under your own initiative;
- Demonstrate common sense and good judgement;
- Have a flexible attitude to work;
- Work unsupervised;
- Identify with the aims and objectives of The Dispute Service;
- Demonstrate behaviour types in accordance with The Dispute Service’s behaviour and attitude requirements (The 8 C’s):
- really care about our customers;
- are curious about the work we do;
- embrace change positively;
- always co-operate with colleagues;
- seek to cultivate success within your team;
- ensure you challenge the status quo;
- are committed to excellence in all that we do;
- help create a great place to work.
Hours of the role
37.5 hours per week.
In return we will be able to provide a competitive salary, a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days and a great place to work from our office in Hemel Hempstead.
All CV’s and cover letter setting out suitability for the role should be sent through to firstname.lastname@example.org