Welcome to TDS Custodial.
The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) is a government approved tenancy deposit protection scheme in England and Wales operated by The Dispute Service Ltd.
The Housing Act 2004 requires landlords and letting agents to protect deposits on assured shorthold tenancies in a scheme such as ours. There are two types of scheme, insured and custodial. If you prefer insurance-based deposit protection, please visit our insured deposit protection site.
TDS is the only not for profit scheme, which means that we do not have shareholders and are focussed on reinvesting our surpluses into the company to deliver an outstanding service, at the core of which are our committed people and our powerful online deposit management system.
Our awards and certifications include;
- Government Standard for Customer Service Excellence
- BSi Certification: Complaints Management System ISO 10002:2004
- Landlord and Letting Awards 2014: Public Service/Not for Profit - Finalist
- Landlord and Letting Awards 2014: Customer Service - Finalist
- PropertyDrum Awards 2012: Tenancy Deposit Services - Winner
- Landlord and Letting Awards 2012: Customer Service Highly - Commended
- Negotiator Awards 2014: Supplier of the Year (Services) - Shortlisted
About The Dispute Service
In addition to TDS Insured and TDS Custodial we operate the leading Tenancy Deposit Scheme in Northern Ireland and provide key operational functions for SafeDeposits Scotland.
We are committed to promoting education of housing rights and obligations, and in 2014 launched the TDS Charitable Foundation to provide funding for projects which pursue those aims.